Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to Roots

I am back to my roots.

About 3 years ago I started playing WoW in the US servers. I started playing mostly because of a dear, dear friend who brought me into this amazing world.

We both started playing as Tauren Druids. We discovered Azeroth, quested together and had the best times of our lives. Adama, my friend's druid was Feral and I was Resto. We were a heck of a team.

Then we discovered other classes. I tried and LOVED the hunter. My friend tried and LOVED the warrior. And although our characters were together in the same guild for some time, our paths have drifted apart. He was a raider. I was more of a PvE/RP.

He did all sorts of raids, he lived for raiding, he was good at it too. But he grew tired. Tired of all the responsability. Tired of all the pressure and stress. He stopped enjoying WoW. And so did I. I adore my guild (The Wolf Guard). They're an amazing group of amazing people. Even if they kick me out for not playing, I will be a Wolf Guard at heart. But I needed something different.

My friend abandoned WoW altogether. I did it too for some time, only logging to say hello to my fellow guildies now and then. But we both missed something. We missed the basics. We missed the exploration.

We missed our roots.

I have been nagging him with the thought of rolling a couple of druid characters on a completely different realm. Start over. Start fresh. Go back to the roots.

And so we did. We are now playing on another realm with our druids. We are exploring. We are helping each other. We, above all, are having fun.

We started a blog that we will grow and improve over time. Don't expect to find tips and tricks there. We may write them but don't expect them. What you can expect, though, is for us to tell our stories. Our adventures in Azeroth and beyond, and you can read them here.

Because we are back to our roots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment